Crisis Support Counselling
Crisis Support Counselling services include:
- One-to-one support and crisis counselling for women 16 years of age and older. This non-therapeutic service is adapted to each woman’s individual needs, whether they need to talk one time only or over longer periods of time.
- Self-help, support and education for women in the shelter or who have just recently left the shelter. We work to help break the cycle of isolation that women experience even after they have left their abusive relationship and provide information and support as women work to create safe and empowered lives.
- Advocacy and referrals to community agencies. Although we encourage and support self-advocacy, which is knowing your rights and responsibilities, standing up for them and making your own life choices, sometimes you need a stronger or more informed voice to speak on your behalf. That is advocacy.
- Accompaniments to appointments regarding legal and other support services.
- Assistance with completing forms and applications around issues of abuse.
- Public educations, presentations and displays regarding issues of abuse and the shelter.
- Safety planning.
- Guidance and support when creating a plan of next steps for the future.