The Family Court Support Worker Program provides support to female survivors/victims of domestic violence who are involved in the family court process. This program works to enhance victim safety by reducing the risk of future violence; increase women’s access to services and supports; and promotes the specific needs of victims of violence to service providers involved in the family court system.
The Family Court Support Worker Program provides:
- General information about the Family Court process, including: child custody and access, spousal and child support and restraining/non-harassment orders/peace bonds.
- Assistance with completing necessary family court legal documents.
- Francophone and Aboriginal specific services and referrals to culturally supportive services.
- Assistance with the Legal Aid process.
- Accompaniments to Family Court, lawyer appointments, Family Court Duty Counsel and the Family Court Office.