Transitional Housing Support
The Transitional Housing Support provides assistance to women with the more practical aspects of her leaving her abusive relationship, focusing on those services specific to securing and maintaining housing, including budgeting and all other support services noted here.
Transitional Housing Support services include:
- Transitional Housing Support for women 16 years of age and older, who have been impacted by homelessness, eviction or other housing crises.
- Advocacy and refferals to community agencies. Although we encourage and support self-advocacy, which is knowing your rights and responsibilities, standing up for them and making your own life choices, sometimes you need a stronger or more informed voice to speak on your behalf. That is advocacy.
- Accompaniments to appointments regarding income support, housing, and other support services.
- Assistance with completing forms and applications around housing and financially assistance, such as: Ontario Disability Support Program applications, Ontario Works, Housing…
- Guidance and support when creating a plan of next steps for the future.